Foods that can help manage Endometriosis; what you should avoid and other lifestyle changes you can make | The Times of India
Making the right food choices can help prevent several illnesses. In case of endometriosis, there are certain foods that can have a positive impact on the condition, while reducing the severity of the symptoms.
– Foods rich in fibre such as fruits, vegetables, legumes, and whole grains help in fighting inflammation and pain triggered by endometriosis.
– Increasing your Omega-3 fats intake can reduce the inflammation in the body, preventing pain and discomfort. Foods include salmon, olive oil, walnuts, chia seeds and flaxseeds.
– Foods that are rich in iron including broccoli, dark leafy green veggies, beans, nuts etc.
– A gluten-free diet is often only recommended to people who have celiac disease, but research in the past suggests that it can benefit women suffering from endometriosis. However, it is best to consult your doctor.
– Low-FODMAP diets are also said to help in managing endometriosis. FODMAP stands for “fermentable oligosaccharides, disaccharides, monosaccharides, and polyols,” and low FODMAP foods have lower amounts of these substances. However, just like a gluten-free diet, it can be restrictive, which is why talking to your doctor is the best way to go about it.